Bigger cities offer so many fun and exciting things to do that’s nothing new. However, when you enter a city for the first time it might be a little overwhelming, especially if you are from a smaller city or town. That’s why we have put together this list of the best things to do in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Discover all the best tourist attractions and all the fun things to do while visiting the Steel City.
10 Best Things to do in Pittsburgh
10. Allegheny Cemetery – One of the largest and oldest burial grounds in Pittsburgh. It is actually known for it’s beautiful landscapes and floral arrangements. It is a very popular spot in Pittsburgh to get wedding photos taken. This 300 acre cemetery located on Butler Street is the last resting place to some famous people and families.
9. National Aviary – If you like birds this is a must stop destination while in the historic North Side of Pittsburgh, Experience a wide variety of beautiful birds, watch them get fed and enjoy the live exhibits and shows this aviary has to offer. Certainly one of the best things to do in Pittsburgh if you’re into nature.
8. Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium – Fun for the entire family, children and adults alike love visiting the zoo. Once you visit here you will be able to see from the moment you walk through the entrance gates why this landed on our list of the best things to do in Pittsburgh! Over 77 acres of park and 4000 animals are waiting your exploration.
7. Mount Washington – Well known for its steep hill that overlooks the city skyline, it was rated the most beautiful vista in America by USA Weekend. Mount Washington is also home to the oldest continuous inclines in the world, the Duquesne and Monongahela Inclines. (If you want the steepest incline in the world you will have to visit the smaller city known as Johnstown for that). Come and ride the inclines and see the amazing view for yourself.
6. Carnegie Science Center – Another fun trip for the whole family, the science center is one of four Carnegie museums located in Pittsburgh. The center features hands on exhibits, an omnimax theater, planetarium, and even live shows. Come and explore all while learning and having fun.
5. Frick Art & Historical Center – This cluster of museums and historical buildings holds rich history and stories for anyone who wants to hear them. Located on Reynolds Street, this museum focuses on the life and times of Henry Clay Frick and industrialist and art collector. This center is located on 5.5 acres of beautifully landscaped lawns and gardens all waiting for your visit.
4. Rivers Casino – With 2900 slots and more than 100 tables this casino is sure to keep the gamblers happy. Let’s just hope lady luck is on your side when you visit this beautiful and popular place located right on the Ohio River. Without a doubt, of best things to do in Pittsburgh after dark!
3. Point State Park – For those who enjoy the outdoors the Point State Park would be a must visit for you. The park is located on 36 acres of beautiful land in downtown Pittsburgh. Right at the point where the Allegheny and Monongahela rivers meet to form the Ohio River. Come enjoy the views of the town and sit next to the huge fountain located here.
2. Kennywood Amusement Park – Adventure awaits you at Kennywood amusement park, home of some of the craziest rollercoasters around. This park will keep you busy from the time you step inside until you leave. There is an area for the smaller members of the family as well so everyone can enjoy the trip. Enjoy the park food and rides all day when you visit Kennywood Park. If you are into adventure and fun, Kennywood certainly makes the mark with best things to do in Pittsburgh.
1. Andy Warhol Museum – At the top of list of the best things to do in Pittsburgh, is the Andy Warhol museum. It is also perhaps one of the top art museums in the United States. It will be a memorable trip. The museum has so many fascinating features and rooms. Check out the silver cloud room, where you walk among giant silver balloons that represent clouds and float aimlessly around. If you like art, your trip to Pittsburgh wouldn’t be complete without a visit here.
That completes our top rated and best things to do in Pittsburgh list. If you’re looking for what to do or fun things to do, hopefully you will find it useful. One more thing you have to experience is coming in from the Fort Pitt Tunnels at dusk as the sun is setting on the huge buildings in the city. It is a magical site to behold. Enjoy your trip and experience what Pittsburgh has to offer with it’s tourist attractions!